Sunday, July 12, 2009

Notes On My Ceiling

One of them reminds me to finish writing my story. One of them tells me to finish all my Business assignments. One of them tells me not to mope about *insert Guy X's name here* so much. One of them tells me to clean my Converse. Everyday things.
And so on.

I actually find these notes very useful. You see, I have the memory capacity of a goldfish, so I need constant reminding about things.
& it fits that I have reminders above the place I spend the most time in.

But it's not just the notes that keep me sane or organized. It's the people in my life too.
They're the ones who remind me about the other things in life, besides chores.
Like.. my mom, who wakes me in the morning because im too lazy to do it myself, my friend who reminds me everyday that whenever im free, i have to write my story because she finds it so fascinating. My other friend, who tests my patience & social skills so much that im more pissed than grateful.

My friends, who remind me that they love me.
My family, who're always there.
My mere acquaintances, who remind me not to get personal about everything.
The people who make me mad. To remind me that im not perfect.
And so on.

You know what I think? I think people forget about these things easily, even the ones who have the memory of an elephant.

My advice? Don't. Or if you cant help it, make friends. Reconnect with old ones, your family. Anything that makes sure you have people you can trust to keep you sane.

Or else... write it on a Post-It note & stick it on your ceiling.

But if I were you, I'd stick with the people.

3 comments:

Keh said...

You're finally back with 'em posts, oh yeah!

Well, in no particular order, they're excellent reads. No, really.

*two thumbs up*

Keep on writing, foo'. ;)

She Who Eats Cookies said...

Hahaha thanks!
I wrote, like, 4 in one day. :P

Makuluwo said...

Cool post, luzr! :D
I'm scared to go figure out which category I fall into.. >.>
YAY at your profile picture though! Mwuhahahaha!