Thursday, January 20, 2011

Antisocialitis.

Symptoms: Intense paranoia, acute discomfort in the presence of other human beings, an omnipresent sense of trepidation, etc.

Firsthand experience: "Of late, all I've wanted to do when faced with a group of people is burst into tears and run to the safety of the library. I blame it on the crippling effect of adolescent conspiracies and the not-so-discreet whispering of those who get a kick out of the misery of others."

Antisocialitis is like necrotizing fasciitis (i.e. flesh-eating disease). It eats away at you. And they both end with -itis.

Lack of trust is an obvious factor. Trust is an elusive, cheating bastard. I so badly want to kick his ass.

Totally disjointed post, I know. Just wanted to write something that wasn't about The Handmaids Tale. I so badly want to go all Terry Jones on this book.

5 comments:

Black Rose said...

I wanna squish you. In a good homely (non-lesbo) way :)

I lau you and I'll kick trust to the curb any day with you. SNUG all the way, yo!

MWAH!

Love you!

Ps: my word verification is "deblesse". It sounds like something a whispery-(the non-sanitary way - wait, they can totally be sanitary napkins for all I care)-conspiring-misery-junkies would get sick over, green and mucous-y.

PPS: Sorry for the mental imagery.

_outofmymind said...

my darlingz hubby~

I know just what will cheer you up! Check your FB inbox babez!
It will ROCK your WORLD!
(It being the links)
Click them.
You know you WANT to!

:D

Janith said...

Yeah, trust really can be a bastard. Especially when it screws you over and over again... but sometimes being alone makes you a better, more wholesome person/prevents you from going totally insane. I guess in the end it's just finding that balance man, like you can't live life all isolated, but that doesn't mean you have to be a social butterfly either. :)

Hang in there. x

Angel said...

The Handmaid's tale? I was feeling iffy for absolutely ages after reading that...

Has the -itis settled a bit now?

lady grouch-a-lot said...

I'm pretty sure I suffer from this very awkward disease. Sigh....... :(